Starting Linebackers #1 Keith Brown and #24 Daniel Brown
talking it over
I PLAN TO GET BACK AND ADD SOME MORE NOTES LATER THIS WEEKEND BUT PRACTICE ISN'T TOO LOPNG FROM NOW AND POSTING THE PICTURES TOOK A LOT OF UPLOADING TIME LAST NIGHT AND I HAVE HOUSE GUESTS FOR MY HIGH SCHOOL REUNION TONIGHT. BUT CHECK BACK AND I WILL ADD SOME MORE POINTS.
Things I saw:
- The Brown guys ruled the starting Linebacker spots --- Daniel, Preston, and Keith.
- It looked like George Durant, James Burgess and Nick Dawson were 2nd string LBs.
- Deiontrez Mount was a 2nd string DE
- The weights on the player's sheet are extremely different than what was on their site a few days ago. i.e., Nick Dawson was back to 228 pounds, Nacho Garcia was down to 345, Teddy Bridgewater was back to 207 --- when during the post practice interview he said he was 222, a gain from the 180 he had when he came in as a green shirt last spring.
- Jody Demling said DeVante Parker had 3 catches that would have gone for TDs. One was a circus catch.
- Damian Copeland caught one that would have gone for a TD
- Nate Nord showed some incredable hands --- as usual. This guy can catch and Teddy is finding him.
- Josh Appleby can punt! But Ryan Johnson answered with a matching kick. We will watch closer today.
- John Wallace looked to me to have a slight edge over Josh on the kcikoffs.
- Stephan Robinson is back as CB.
- Charles Gaines practiced at wide receiver and has some impressive speed.
- It looked like Stephan and freshman Pedro Sibiea had some stuggles with the heat. I heard Corvin Lamb did to from Jody. Hopefully, Jamon Brown did, too, as he went down and was carted off the field. It might have been worse than a cramp. We will see today.
- Ryan Mack moved into the left tackle spot and Alex Kupper slid over to Jamon's Right Tackle when Jamon left.
- In a post practice interview, Preston Brown said he thought Teddy was the face of the program.
- Will Gardner and Sid Anvoots look like they will be red shirting due to injury. Will was on line to be our third string QB and Sid was pointed as the 3rd string center.
- Jeremy Wright had a great run that would have probably resulted in a TD.
- Corvin Lamb had a run that caused everyone to ooo and ahhh.
More info coming. I'll check my recorder later. I know I have more into who was first and 2nd string and some on the kickoff teams. I hope to see you at practice in a couple hours!